Here are the 10 mythbusters about them :
10. As per one theory, earth and entire solar system was created out of a giant black hole at the center of Milky Way galaxy, a super massive black hole equal to 4.6 million suns mass.
9. Time travel through the black hole is a common misconception and believed that they compel the time to stop. It is theorized by Einstein that if a particle could survive inside of one, its time would actually be slower relative to a particle outside the black hole. But the incredible gravitational force would crush even the strongest material in the universe
8. They project and emanate radiations which gets captured as hairs in the radio telescope but in reality their structure and makeup has more intertwined aspects forces than realized.
7. spaghettification is a real word and would happen to someone who fell into a black hole . The varying gravitational forces acting on feet, head and other parts of the body would stretch the person in all angles similar to spaghetti.
6. Our Milky Way galaxy has a giant black hole. Sagittarius, a star located about 26,000 light-years from Earth lies deep in the heart of the spiraling Milky Way galaxy. A hot vortex of matter swirls around a black hole whose mass is 4.6 million times as massive as the Sun
5. The largest known black hole is in the NGC 1277 galaxy that has the mass of about 17 billion suns for comparison the Milky Way's black hole is only equal to 4.6 million suns.
4. The closest black hole is only 1600 light years away and also has the unique distinction of being a micro quasar. A binary system that includes a nearby star whose mass and material in this case are being absorbed by the black hole .
3. They are shaped like spheres not like funnels
2. our galaxy is also home to one of the smallest black hole, located in a binary system inside the constellation ara whose total mass is only about 3.8 Suns and has an opening of 15 miles across.
1. black holes also on its axis like the Earth spins. During this process, it drags space into a whirling motion like the air in a tornado faster near the horizon slower farther away the direction that material falls into them governs how fast they will spin .