India thrashed out South Africa in 1st Test match by 203 runs and took 1-0 lead in the two Test series. India had set 395 runs' target for South Africa but South Africa could made only 191 runs in second innings. This was a thrilling match and 8 records made in this Test match. The records are following.
1. Kohli broke Flaming's record: - Indian skipper Virat Kohli broke Kiwis' former captain, Stephen Flaming's record of wining 28 Test matches. Virat Kohli registered 29 victories in the Test cricket as captain.
2. Rohit Sharma became second Indian batsman to make century in both inning of a Test match. Earlier, Sunil Gavaskar had done it for India and was along in this group.
3. Rohit Sharma became first batsman in Test cricket who made centuries in both innings, playing as opener batsman first time in Test.
4. Mohammed Shami's 5 wicket haul: - Mohammed Shami took 5 wickets haul in third time in his career.
5. Mohammed Shami also became second Indian bowler who clean bold 4 batsmen in a Test. Earlier Jasprit Bumrah had done so.
6. Maximum Sixes in a Test: - There were 37 sixes was struck in this Test by either team which is maximum in the Test Cricket history. Earlier, there were 35 sixes struck in a match between Pakistan and New Zealand in 2014-15.
7. Den Pedit became fifth player in Test cricket to make half century at plying slot 10. He made 56 runs.
8. Ravichandran Ashwin broke the legendary Muthai Murlidharan's record of fastest 350 wickets in Test cricket. Ashwin achieved this feat in 66 Tests.
9. Ravindra Jadeja became fastest left arm bowler to complete 200 Test wickets.